Property ID Description
This page describes the Property ID number, character by character. Please also reference
The Relationship Between the
Real Estate Tax Roll and the Property Spatial Database (PDF) document. Please see the
Feature Code Lookup Tables
for class descriptions.
The first character is always the
The second character indicates the type of property:
- P = platted
- F = Unplatted
- R = Right-of-way
- D = Right-of-way dedicated by a plat, or non-platted, city-owned Right-of-Way
- C = Right-of-way owned by Johnson County
- Z = Vertical polygons (e.g. Condominiums)
There are other values for the second character, but these are not legitimate parcels.
If the parcel is platted, the rest of the RE# is as follows:
- postion 3-6 = subdivision number
- position 7-10 = block number
- position 11 = blank
- position 12-16 = parcel or lot number
For example: RP63200003 0011 would be a platted parcel in Westwood, subdivision
code 6320, block 3, lot 11. At this time, we don’t have a table listing the
subdivision codes. Contact the County Clerk’s office for the subdivision name.
If the parcel is not platted, the rest of the RE# is as follows:
- position 3-4 = range
- position 5-6 = township
- position 7-8 = section
- position 9 contains a ’-’
- position 10-13 = lot number
- position 10 indicates the quarter section: 1 = NW; 2 = SW; 3 = NE; 4 = SE
For example: 1F251516-1001 would be lot 1001 in the NW quarter section
section 16, Range 25 East, Township 15 South.