Student Data Requests
AIMS would like to continue to help the educational community by facilitating access to data for students.
Below are a list of the steps and rules to request data:
- Please provide a synopsis of the project and how the data will be used.
- Please read and sign the Kansas Open Records Request which limits how the data can be used.
- Visit our Free Data page and take a look at all the data we currently offer for free.
- You can also visit, DASC - State of Kansas Data Access and Support Center and MSDIS - Missouri Spatial Data Information Service, for more resources and data.
- If you are interested in purchasing data you may do so via our online Digital Data Request (DDR) server.
- If a dataset you are interested in is not available for free, please send us an email with the following information:
- To assure that Kansas Open Records laws are not violated, please provide a synopsis of the project and how the data will be used.
- List the specific types of data you wish to obtain, i.e., property, planimetrics/topo, aerials, etc.
- List the extent and format of the data requested.
- Complete and send us the Data Use Agreement, which states the following:
- The data being provided is strictly for use in the execution of the specified project.
- The information may not be sold, given, or otherwise transferred to ANY other party.
- Sufficient copies may be made only as needed to perform the execution of this specified project. However, a reasonable level of data security must be maintained to prevent unauthorized capture or use of this data.
- Any use other than that stated here is a violation of this agreement and may have copyright or other legal implications.
- The resulting project will be shared with Johnson County AIMS.
- Disclaimer: It is understood that, while the AIMS participating agencies and information suppliers have no indication and reason to believe that there are inaccuracies in information incorporated in the base map, AIMS AND ITS SUPPLIER MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, NOR ARE ANY SUCH WARRANTIES TO BE IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION, DATA, OR SERVICE FURNISHED HEREIN.
- Should your professor not sign the Data Use Agreement we will need an email from them stating the reason for the data (what course etc).
- Once we receive your request we will determine any costs/fees associated with it.
AIMS is available from 8AM to 5PM CST. You can contact AIMS by visiting us at
the Johnson County Administration Building, by phone or by email.
111 S Cherry St
Olathe, Kansas 66061-3486